Saturday, April 7, 2007

The Long Wait...


On 2nd April 2007 (At 8pm)
I was admitted into Mount Elizabeth Hospital at 8pm. My Gynaecologist, Dr Juliana Abu- Wong checked and to our disappointment...."You are only 2cm dilated."
"Oh Man, I've waited this long and I'm only 2cm dilated...that's very far off from 10cm!!" I thought.
Anyway, I was put on the drip to hasten the dilation. Water bag was "forced" broken,..and there... Mark and I sat in the delivery suite to wait.


I began to feel some contractions (Finally) and was trying to bear with the pain. (I've opted to go without epidural...Naturral...naturaaall...nat.........URATAL.....URGGHHHHH NATURAL!!!)

Anyway, the midwife (nurse) came in to check on the monitor to realise that there were no contactions traced....lack of contact/ missing info. so she decided to increase the drug dosage to hasten the contractions and hopefully the dilation.

As that happens, a midwife came in to discuss with me on the options to make for pain relief. After 10mins of explanation, (I was experiencing contractions every 2-3mins), I told her to send for the anesthetist IMMEDIATELY! The pain was really unbearable and I could imagine how exhausted I would be after the whole ordeal...where to find the energy to do the PUSH! I told myself that Ceasarian is NEVER gonna be an option at all!

The midwife returned saying that the Anesthetist will be arriving in 20mins time! Heaven! I thought. However, every minute and second seems to be passing by so slowly,.... and was overjoyed to see her.

No comments: